Jump to Main Content
- Xiang You; Lin-Tong Yang; Yi-Ping Qi; Peng Guo; Ning-Wei Lai; Xin Ye; Qiang Li; Li-Song Chen
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.218 pp. 249-257
- Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; amino acid metabolism; cytoskeleton; energy; leaf protein; leaves; manganese; photorespiration; protein composition; pummelos; reactive oxygen species; roots; seedlings; signal transduction; stress response; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- ... Manganese (Mn)-intolerant ‘Sour pummelo’ (Citrus grandis) and Mn-tolerant ‘Xuegan’ (Citrus sinensis) seedlings were irrigated for 17 weeks with 2 (control) or 600μM (Mn-toxicity or −excess) MnSO4. C. sinensis had higher Mn-tolerance than C. grandis, as indicated by the higher photosynthesis rates in Mn-excess C. sinensis leaves. Under Mn-toxicity, Mn levels were similar between C. sinensis and C. ...
- Julie Oustric; Raphaël Morillon; François Luro; Stéphane Herbette; Radia Lourkisti; Jean Giannettini; Liliane Berti; Jérémie Santini
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.214 pp. 108-115
- Citroncirus webberi; Citrus clementina; Citrus sinensis; ascorbate peroxidase; catalase; chlorophyll; clementines; cold stress; cold tolerance; crops; diploidy; electrolytes; fluorescence; geographical distribution; glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate); hydrogen peroxide; malondialdehyde; photosynthesis; proline; rootstocks; scions; seedlings; starch; stomatal conductance; stress tolerance; superoxide dismutase; temperature; tetraploidy; Mediterranean region
- ... Low temperatures can disturb the development, growth and geographic distribution of plants, particularly cold-sensitive plants in the Mediterranean area, where temperatures can reach seasonally low levels. In citrus crops, scion/rootstock combinations are used to improve fruit production and quality, and increase tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses. In the last decade, several studies have sh ...