Jump to Main Content
- Xiang You; Lin-Tong Yang; Yi-Ping Qi; Peng Guo; Ning-Wei Lai; Xin Ye; Qiang Li; Li-Song Chen
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.218 pp. 249-257
- Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; amino acid metabolism; cytoskeleton; energy; leaf protein; leaves; manganese; photorespiration; protein composition; pummelos; reactive oxygen species; roots; seedlings; signal transduction; stress response; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- ... Manganese (Mn)-intolerant ‘Sour pummelo’ (Citrus grandis) and Mn-tolerant ‘Xuegan’ (Citrus sinensis) seedlings were irrigated for 17 weeks with 2 (control) or 600μM (Mn-toxicity or −excess) MnSO4. C. sinensis had higher Mn-tolerance than C. grandis, as indicated by the higher photosynthesis rates in Mn-excess C. sinensis leaves. Under Mn-toxicity, Mn levels were similar between C. sinensis and C. ...
- Chen, Li-Song; Tang, Ning; Jiang, Huan-Xin; Yang, Lin-Tong; Li, Qing; Smith, Brandon R.
- Journal of plant physiology 2009 v.166 no.18 pp. 2023-2034
- seedling growth; malic enzyme; aconitate hydratase; seedlings; phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase; isocitrate dehydrogenase; pyruvate kinase; citrate (si)-synthase; Citrus maxima; aluminum; malic acid; malate dehydrogenase; citric acid; nutrient solutions; enzyme activity; pummelos; phosphorus
- ... Seedlings of sour pummelo (Citrus grandis) were irrigated daily for 18 weeks with nutrient solution containing four phosphorus (P) levels (50, 100, 250 and 500 μM KH2PO4) and two aluminum (Al) levels [0 (−Al) and 1.2 mM AlCl3·6H2O (+Al)]. Both malate and citrate concentrations in +Al leaves decreased with increasing P supply, but their concentrations in −Al leaves did not change in response to P s ...