Jump to Main Content
- Xiang You; Lin-Tong Yang; Yi-Ping Qi; Peng Guo; Ning-Wei Lai; Xin Ye; Qiang Li; Li-Song Chen
- Journal of plant physiology 2017 v.218 pp. 249-257
- Citrus maxima; Citrus sinensis; amino acid metabolism; cytoskeleton; energy; leaf protein; leaves; manganese; photorespiration; protein composition; pummelos; reactive oxygen species; roots; seedlings; signal transduction; stress response; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis
- ... Manganese (Mn)-intolerant ‘Sour pummelo’ (Citrus grandis) and Mn-tolerant ‘Xuegan’ (Citrus sinensis) seedlings were irrigated for 17 weeks with 2 (control) or 600μM (Mn-toxicity or −excess) MnSO4. C. sinensis had higher Mn-tolerance than C. grandis, as indicated by the higher photosynthesis rates in Mn-excess C. sinensis leaves. Under Mn-toxicity, Mn levels were similar between C. sinensis and C. ...
- Seyyedeh-Sanam Kazemi-Shahandashti; Reza Maali-Amiri; Hassan Zeinali; Mona Khazaei; Alireza Talei; Seyyedeh-Sanaz Ramezanpour
- Journal of plant physiology 2014 v.171 no.13 pp. 1106-1116
- fatty acid composition; seedlings; unsaturated fatty acids; acclimation; signal transduction; genes; plant response; Cicer arietinum; oxidative stress; cytoskeleton; saturated fatty acids; gene expression regulation; peroxidase; energy; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; superoxide dismutase; transcription (genetics); chickpeas; enzyme activity; cold; catalase; cold stress; biochemical pathways; cold tolerance; chloroplasts
- ... Cold stress affects many plant physiological and biochemical components and induces cascades of alterations in metabolic pathways, amongst them the membrane fatty acid compositions, the activity of antioxidative enzymes and the regulation of gene expression. The present work aimed to characterize the changes of some of these factors in both cold acclimated (CA) and non-acclimated (NA) plants of ch ...