Jump to Main Content
- Dziurka, Michał, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2016 v.200 pp. 102-110
- Crassulacean acid metabolism; Mesembryanthemum crystallinum; acclimation; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidants; carbon dioxide; catalase; control methods; decarboxylation; halophytes; hydrogen peroxide; malates; osmotolerance; photochemistry; photoinhibition; photosystem II; proline; putrescine; signal transduction; spermidine
- ... Exogenously applied H2O2 (50, 100 and 200mM) to Mesembryanthemum crystallinum root medium induced a transition from C3 to Crassulacean Acid Metabolism (CAM), as evaluated by diurnal malate (Δmal) fluctuations. A very high concentration of H2O2 (400mM) reduced Δmal below the value measured in control plants. An increase of malate content during the night in 400mM H2O2-treated plants might suggest t ...
- Dziurka, Michał, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2013 v.170 no.14 pp. 1259-1266
- Brassica oleracea var. capitata; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biosynthesis; cabbage; fumigation; gamma-tocopherol; genes; leaves; ozone; peroxidases; seedlings; sinigrin; vegetation
- ... The growth response and antioxidant capacity of Brassica oleracea var. capitata f. alba plants treated with 70ppb of ozone was examined. Four week old cabbage seedlings were fumigated with O3 for 3 days before being transplanted into the growing field. The effect of O3 treatment was determined directly after fumigation and over the course of field cultivation. Plants subjected to O3 treatment had ...