Jump to Main Content
- Moustakas, Michael, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of plant physiology 2012 v.169 no.6 pp. 577-585
- Arabidopsis thaliana; acclimation; anthocyanins; antioxidants; energy; leaves; lipid peroxidation; metabolites; photochemistry; photosystem II; proline; sugars; water content; water stress
- ... The relationships among photosynthetic acclimation, proline (Pro), soluble sugar (SS), and anthocyanin (An) accumulation in Arabidopsis thaliana leaves to the onset of drought stress (OnDS), mild (MiDS) and moderate drought stress (MoDS), were evaluated. As leaf water content (LWC) decreased, metabolic concentrations (Pro, SS, and An) increased and were negatively and significantly correlated with ...
- Bairu, Michael W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2013 v.170 no.15 pp. 1303-1308
- traditional medicine; underground parts; plantlets; coumaric acids; vanillic acid; acclimation; medicinal plants; benzyladenine; cytokinins; isopentenyladenine; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; tissue culture
- ... Merwilla plumbea (Lindl.) Speta is an important medicinal plant widely used in traditional medicine. We evaluated the effect of five cytokinins [benzyladenine (BA), 2-isopentenyladenine (2iP), meta-topolin (mT), meta-topolin riboside (mTR), and meta-methoxy-9-tetrahydropyran-2-yl-topolin (MemTTHP)] on the level of phenolic acids and antioxidant activity of M. plumbea during the tissue culture and ...