Jump to Main Content
- Silva, Fredy D.A.; Vasconcelos, Ilka M.; Saraiva, Katia D.C.; Costa, Jose H.; Fernandes, Cleberson F.; Oliveira, Jose T.A.
- Journal of plant physiology 2019 v.233 pp. 73-83
- programmed cell death, etc ; Glomerella cingulata; Vigna unguiculata; anthracnose; ascorbate peroxidase; catalase; conidia; cowpeas; electron microscopy; fungi; gene expression; genes; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; metabolism; necrosis; peroxiredoxin; superoxide dismutase; toxicity; transcription (genetics); Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Correlations between the transcriptional responses of genes that encode superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase (CAT), ascorbate peroxidase (APX), and peroxiredoxin (Prx) enzymes and Colletotrichum gloeosporioides development in cowpea leaves were assessed. Each of these genes is involved in the redox metabolism and hydrogen peroxide balance. Although electron microscopy revealed that conidia adhered ...
- Bernacki, Maciej Jerzy; Czarnocka, Weronika; Witoń, Damian; Rusaczonek, Anna; Szechyńska-Hebda, Magdalena; Ślesak, Ireneusz; Dąbrowska-Bronk, Joanna; Karpiński, Stanisław
- Journal of plant physiology 2018 v.226 pp. 91-102
- programmed cell death, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; Nicotiana benthamiana; Populus tremula; Populus tremuloides; acclimation; annuals; autumn; chlorophyll; genes; genetically modified organisms; homeostasis; hybrids; leaves; photochemistry; photosystem II; plant hormones; plant proteins; reactive oxygen species; salicylic acid; shoots; transcriptomics; trees; woody plants; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... ENHANCED DISEASE SUSCEPTIBILITY 1 (EDS1) was first described as a protein involved in salicylic acid (SA)-, ethylene-, and reactive oxygen species (ROS)-dependent defense and acclimation responses. It is a molecular regulator of biotic and abiotic stress-induced programmed cell death. Its role is relatively well known in annual plants, such as Arabidopsis thaliana or Nicotiana benthamiana. However ...