Jump to Main Content
- Jauregui, Iván, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2015 v.189 pp. 65-76
- Arabidopsis thaliana; C3 plants; amino acids; ammonium nitrate; carbohydrates; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide enrichment; energy efficiency; gas exchange; leaf protein; leaves; metabolites; nitrogen; organic acids and salts; phenology; photosynthesis; plant growth; respiratory rate; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; roots; shoots; transcriptomics
- ... The responsiveness of C3 plants to raised atmospheric [CO2] levels has been frequently described as constrained by photosynthetic downregulation. The main goal of the current study was to characterize the shoot-root relationship and its implications in plant responsiveness under elevated [CO2] conditions. For this purpose, Arabidopsis thaliana plants were exposed to elevated [CO2] (800ppm versus 4 ...
- Jauregui, Ivan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2012 v.169 no.7 pp. 673-681
- Pisum sativum; Spinacia oleracea; ammonia; crop production; germination; imbibition; losses from soil; metabolism; nitrogen fertilizers; peas; seedlings; seeds; soil; spinach; urea nitrogen; urease; urease inhibitors
- ... The development of new nitrogen fertilizers is necessary to optimize crop production whilst improving the environmental aspects arising from the use of nitrogenous fertilization as a cultural practice. The use of urease inhibitors aims to improve the efficiency of urea as a nitrogen fertilizer by preventing its loss from the soil as ammonia. However, although the action of urease inhibitors is aim ...