Jump to Main Content
- Guorong Zhang; Terry J. Martin; Allan K. Fritz; Rebecca Miller; Ming-Shun Chen; Robert L. Bowden; Guihua Bai
- Journal of plant registrations 2016 v.10 no.3 pp. 283-286
- Puccinia recondita; Puccinia striiformis; Triticum aestivum; Wheat streak mosaic virus; arid lands; cultivars; disease resistance; germplasm releases; grain yield; leaf rust; stripe rust; winter wheat; Kansas
- ... ‘Joe’ (Reg. No. CV-1119, PI 676270) hard white winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) was developed at the Agricultural Research Center-Hays, Kansas State University, and released by the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station in 2015. Joe was selected from a single cross of KS04HW101-3/KS04HW119-3 made in 2005 at Hays, KS. The objective of this cross was to develop a hard white winter wheat cultivar ...
- P. S. Baenziger; R. A. Graybosch; T. Regassa; R. N. Klein; G. R. Kruger; D. K. Santra; L. Xu; D. J. Rose; S. N. Wegulo; Y. Jin; J. Kolmer; G. L. Hein; M.-S. Chen; G. Bai; R. L. Bowden; J. Poland
- Journal of plant registrations 2016 v.10 no.3 pp. 276-282
- Triticum aestivum; breadmaking quality; breeding methods; cultivars; drought; germplasm releases; hard red winter wheat; overwintering; pedigree; Great Plains region; Nebraska
- ... Western Nebraska wheat producers and those in adjacent areas want taller wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars that retain their height under drought for better harvestability. ‘NE05548’ (Reg. No. CV-1117, PI 670462) hard red winter wheat was developed cooperatively by the Nebraska Agricultural Experiment Station and the USDA-ARS and released in January 2014 by the developing institutions. NE0554 ...