Jump to Main Content
- Jia, M. H., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of plant registrations 2012 v.6 no.1 pp. 95
- Magnaporthe grisea; Oryza sativa; Thanatephorus cucumeris; agronomic traits; blast disease; blight; chromosomes; cultivars; disease resistance; field experimentation; genes; germplasm; greenhouses; inbred lines; international cooperation; parents; pathogens; quantitative trait loci; races; rice; tropical agriculture; universities; Louisiana
- ... Rice sheath blight (ShB) and blast caused by the fungal pathogens Kühn and B.C. Couch, respectively, are the two most serious diseases of rice worldwide. Four rice (L.) germplasm lines, designated as LJRIL103 (Reg. No. GP-140, PI 660982), LJRIL158 (Reg. No. GP-141, PI 660983), LJRIL186 (Reg. No. GP-142, PI 660984), and LJRIL220 (Reg. No. GP-143, PI 660985), were selected from among 256 recombinant ...
- Jia, M. H., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of plant registrations 2008 v.2 no.3 pp. 251
- Oryza sativa; rice; germplasm; plant genetic resources; germplasm releases; introgression; Thanatephorus cucumeris; fungal diseases of plants; disease resistance; genetic resistance; alleles; Louisiana
- ... Three rice (L.) germplasm lines designated as TIL:455 (Reg. No. GP-112, PI 642943), TIL:514 (Reg. No. GP-113, PI 642944), and TIL:642 (Reg. No. GP-114, PI 642945) contain a total of eight novel alleles with sheath blight (caused by Kühn) resistance backcrossed into an elite U.S. rice genetic background having good grain quality traits, early maturity, and glabrous leaves and hulls. These three ger ...