Jump to Main Content
- Suzuki, Ryo O.; Numata, Shinya; Okuda, Toshinori; Nur Supardi, Md. Noor; Kachi, Naoki
- Journal of plant research 2009 v.122 no.1 pp. 81-93
- Dipterocarpaceae; correlation; developmental stages; forest regeneration; habitats; mortality; soil types; topography; trees; tropical rain forests
- ... We examined relationships between mortality rate, relative growth rate (RGR), and spatial patterns of three growth stages (small, medium, and large trees) for 11 dipterocarp species in the Pasoh 50-ha plot. Mortality rates for these species tended to be positively correlated with RGRs, although the correlation was significant only at the small-tree stage. Seven species with high growth and mortali ...
- Analuddin, Kangkuso; Suwa, Rempei; Hagihara, Akio
- Journal of plant research 2009 v.122 no.1 pp. 53-59
- correlation; developmental stages; mortality; process monitoring; tree mortality; trees
- ... The self-thinning process was monitored in crowded Kandelia obovata Sheue, Liu & Yong stands over four years. The frequency distribution of tree phytomass was an L-shape, which was kept over the experimental period. Spearman's rank correlation coefficient for phytomass decreased as the time span of the comparison became longer, a result which indicates that the rank of phytomass changes as stands ...