Jump to Main Content
- Miwa, Hiroki; Kinoshita, Atsuko; Fukuda, Hiroo; Sawa, Shinichiro
- Journal of plant research 2009 v.122 no.1 pp. 31-39
- aerial parts; apical meristems; genes; root growth; root meristems; shoots; signal peptide; stem cells
- ... The plant meristems, shoot apical meristem (SAM) and root apical meristem (RAM), are unique structures made up of a self-renewing population of undifferentiated pluripotent stem cells. The SAM produces all aerial parts of postembryonic organs, and the RAM promotes the continuous growth of roots. Even though the structures of the SAM and RAM differ, the signaling components required for stem cell m ...
- Ebine, Kazuo; Ueda, Takashi
- Journal of plant research 2009 v.122 no.1 pp. 21-30
- cells; genes; physiological transport; vacuoles
- ... The post-Golgi traffic network in plant cells is highly complex, which is correlated with the large number of genes related to this function. RABs and SNAREs are key regulators of tethering and fusion of transport vesicles to target membranes, and the numbers of these regulators have also expanded in plant lineages. In addition to this increase in the net number of genes, plants also seem to have ...