Jump to Main Content
- Sone, Kosei; Suzuki, Alata Antonio; Miyazawa, Shin-Ichi; Noguchi, Ko; Terashima, Ichiro
- Journal of plant research 2009 v.122 no.1 pp. 41-52
- Acer rufinerve; branches; branching; daughters; leaf area; light intensity; mothers; pipes; shoots; trees
- ... The pipe model relationship (constancy of branch cross-sectional area/leaf area) and Leonardo da Vinci's rule (equality of total cross-sectional area of the daughter branches and cross-sectional area of their mother branch) are empirical rules of tree branching. Effects of branch manipulation on the pipe model relationships were examined using five Acer rufinerve trees. Half the branches in each t ...
- Zhang, Ling-Ling; Wen, Da-Zhi
- Journal of plant research 2009 v.122 no.1 pp. 69-79
- Chromolaena odorata; Mikania micrantha; greenhouses; invasive species; leaf area; light intensity; light requirement; nutrient use efficiency; photosynthesis; physiological response; soil texture; soil water; water content; water treatment
- ... To better understand the requirement of light and soil water conditions in the invasion sites of two invasive weeds, Mikania micrantha and Chromolaena odorata, we investigated their structural and physiological traits in response to nine combined treatments of light [full, medium and low irradiance (LI)] and soil water (full, medium and low field water content) conditions in three glasshouses. Und ...