Jump to Main Content
- Sakai, Atsushi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of plant research 1998 v.111 no.1 pp. 45-52
- Nicotiana tabacum; in situ hybridization; pollen; quantitative analysis; ribosomal RNA
- ... We examined changes in the localization of cytoplasmic rRNA during pollen development inNicotiana tabacum SR-1. The rRNA was visualized byin situ hybridization, and the signal intensity of rRNA in microspore, vegetative and generative cell was quantified by microphotometry. The amount of rRNA per microspore or pollen section increased about 5 times from microspore to mature pollen grain and kept i ...
- Sakai, Atsushi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of plant research 1997 v.110 no.1 pp. 1-6
- DNA; allelopathy; antibodies; apical meristems; cell nucleus; cineole; fluorescence microscopy; germination; growth retardation; hypocotyls; mitosis; organelles; root growth; roots; seedlings; thymidine
- ... 1,8-cineole is a volatile growth inhibitor produced bySalvia species. We examined the effect of this allelopathic compound on the growth of other plants usingBrassica campestris as the test plant. Cineole inhibited germination and growth ofB. campestris in a dosedependent manner. WhenB. campestris was grown for 5 days with various concentrations of cineole, the length of the roots was found to be ...