Jump to Main Content
- Fu, Jiaxin; Wang, Yingxiong; Shen, Kaizhi; Fu, Qiang; Zhang, Jie
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 598-606
- crystallization; molecular weight; polyethylene; rheometers; viscosity
- ... Many experimental results have revealed that the re‐entanglement kinetics of disentangled polymers is much slower than that predicted by tube theory. This retarded recovery of fully entangled state is of practical significance that shear‐induced modification may offer a way to improve processability for a polymer by reducing viscosity. This work tried to figure out the shear‐rate dependence variat ...
- Zhang, Huan; Zhao, Shicheng; Yu, Xin; Xin, Zhong; Ye, Chunlin; Li, Zhi; Xia, Jincheng
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 632-641
- Raman spectroscopy; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; impact strength; industrial applications; molecular weight; particle size; polyethylene; rheological properties; rheometers; scanning electron microscopy; thermal properties
- ... The physical properties of ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) are generally highly dependent on its molecular weight. However, in our study, it was found that two UHMWPE samples of similar molecular weight, SLL‐5 and GUR 4150, have significantly different impact strengths, with the Charpy impact strength of GUR 4150 being almost 3.4 times that of SLL‐5. To reveal the reasons, the str ...