Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Huan; Zhao, Shicheng; Yu, Xin; Xin, Zhong; Ye, Chunlin; Li, Zhi; Xia, Jincheng
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 632-641
- Raman spectroscopy; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; impact strength; industrial applications; molecular weight; particle size; polyethylene; rheological properties; rheometers; scanning electron microscopy; thermal properties
- ... The physical properties of ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) are generally highly dependent on its molecular weight. However, in our study, it was found that two UHMWPE samples of similar molecular weight, SLL‐5 and GUR 4150, have significantly different impact strengths, with the Charpy impact strength of GUR 4150 being almost 3.4 times that of SLL‐5. To reveal the reasons, the str ...
- Trexler, Morgana M.; Hoffman, Christopher; Smith, Douglas A.; Montalbano, Timothy J.; Yeager, Matthew P.; Trigg, Douglas; Nimer, Salahudin; Calderón‐Colón, Xiomara; Peitsch, Christopher; Xia, Zhiyong
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 563-573
- anisotropy; chemical reactions; hydrogen bonding; molecular weight; nanofibers; polymers; relative humidity; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; solvents; spinning; synthesis; tensile strength
- ... Scalable, bottom‐up chemical synthesis and electrospinning of novel Cl‐substituted poly(para‐phenylene terephthalamide) (PPTA) nanofibers are herein reported. To achieve Cl‐PPTA nanofibers, the chemical reaction between the monomers was precisely controlled, and dissolution of the polymer into solvent was tailored to enable anisotropic solution formation and sufficient entanglement molecular weigh ...