Jump to Main Content
- Miliou, Kalliopi; Gergidis, Leonidas N.; Vlahos, Costas
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 621-631
- composite polymers; electrolytes; hydrophilicity; micelles; molecular dynamics; simulation models
- ... The complexation of different single polyelectrolyte (PE) micelles formed by linear diblock copolymers with oppositely charged brushes with varying grafting densities and charge content was studied by means of molecular dynamics simulations using the primitive model. We found that all micelles perform a directed motion along the vertical z axis on the grafted surface where they trapped while on th ...
- Fogel, April L.; Ravichandran, Ashwin; Mani, Sriramvignesh; Upadhyay, Bishal; Khare, Rajesh; Morgan, Sarah E.
- Journal of polymer science 2019 v.57 no.10 pp. 584-597
- acrylamides; composite polymers; differential scanning calorimetry; dynamic vapor sorption method; galactose; hydrogels; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobicity; molecular dynamics; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; silane; simulation models; surfactants; thermogravimetry; water content
- ... Glycohydrogels containing 2′‐acrylamidoethyl‐β‐d‐galactopyranoside and varying levels of N,N′ methylene bisacrylamide and 3‐acrylamidopropyltris(trimethylsiloxy)silane were synthesized to determine the effects of crosslinker and amphipathic balance on equilibrium water content (EWC), bound water population, and hydrogen bonding dynamics at the water–polymer interface. Analogous dimethylacrylamide ...