Jump to Main Content
- Arua, Ugo N.; Blum, Frank D.
- Journal of polymer science 2018 v.56 no.1 pp. 89-96
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; glass transition temperature; heat flow; hydrophobicity; melting; polymers; silica
- ... The effects of adsorption of poly(lauryl methacrylate) (PLMA), a side‐chain crystalline polymer, on silica were investigated. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) measurements were made on both bulk and adsorbed PLMA. The reversible heat flow rates were observed as a function of temperature and the degree of crystallinity of the samples determined bas ...
- Li, Xiang; Lin, Jinyou; Bian, Fenggang; Zeng, Yongchun
- Journal of polymer science 2018 v.56 no.1 pp. 36-45
- abrasion resistance; crystal structure; fluorides; high pressure treatment; polymers; synergism; temperature; tensile strength
- ... Facing the ever‐increasing demand for waterproof/breathable materials, a rapid and efficient fabrication method of these functional materials with excellent performance as well as robust mechanical properties remains challenging. Herein, a simple and scalable strategy referred to as thermo‐pressing is introduced to improve the waterproof/breathable performance and mechanical properties of electros ...