Jump to Main Content
- Nishizawa, Osamu; Misaka, Hideki; Sakai, Ryosuke; Kakuchi, Toyoji; Satoh, Toshifumi
- Journal of polymer science 2008 v.46 no.22 pp. 7411-7418
- aluminum; carbon; catalysts; composite polymers; ethylene; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymerization; stable isotopes; temperature; toluene; zirconium
- ... The copolymerization of ethylene (E) and norbornene (NB) was investigated using the commercially available and inexpensive catalyst system, cyclopentadienylzirconium trichloride (CpZrCl₃)/isobutyl-modified methylaluminoxane (MMAO), at a moderate polymerization temperature in toluene. For the CpZrCl₃ catalyst system activated by aluminoxane with a 40 mol % methyl group and a 60 mol % isobutyl group ...
- Kaur, Sukhdeep; Singh, Gurmeet; Gupta, Virendra K.
- Journal of polymer science 2008 v.46 no.22 pp. 7299-7309
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; catalysts; chlorine; composite polymers; copper; electron transfer; ethylene; gel chromatography; hexane; melting point; microstructure; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyethylene; polymerization; scanning electron microscopy; titanium
- ... Ethylene polymerizations were performed using catalyst based on titanium tetrachloride (TiCl₄) supported on synthesized poly(methyl acrylate-co-1-octene) (PMO). Three catalysts were synthesized by varying TiCl₄/PMO weight ratio in chlorobenzene resulting in incorporation of titanium in different percentage as determined by UV-vis spectroscopy. The coordination of titanium with the copolymer matrix ...