Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Qingbo; Song, Chunlei; Chen, Qiang; Zhang, Pingping; Wang, Pixin
- Journal of polymer science 2008 v.46 no.22 pp. 2465-2474
- acrylamides; aqueous solutions; composite polymers; electrolytes; electrostatic interactions; gel chromatography; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; polyacrylamide; polymerization; shrinkage; sodium chloride; surfactants; viscoelasticity; viscosity
- ... In this investigation, hydrophobically modified polyacrylamide with low amounts of anionic long-chain alkyl was synthesized by the free radical polymerization in deionized water. This water-soluble copolymerization method is more convenient compared with the traditional micellar copolymerization methods. The copolymers were characterized using Fourier transform infrared, ¹H NMR, and the molecular ...
- Ferreiro, Juan J.; Campa, José G. de la; Lozano, Angel E.; de Abajo, J.; Preston, Jack
- Journal of polymer science 2008 v.46 no.22 pp. 7566-7577
- aromatic compounds; benzimidazole; diamines; differential scanning calorimetry; glass transition; heat tolerance; hydrophilicity; molecular weight; nitrogen; phosphorylation; polyamides; relative humidity; solubility; solvents; sorption; temperature; tensile strength; thermogravimetry; viscosity
- ... Novel aromatic polyamides have been prepared by a combination of diacids containing preformed benzimidazole rings and aromatic diamines. By the phosphorylation method of polycondensation, polymers of high molecular weight (inherent viscosities between 0.81 and 2.13 dL/g) were obtained, which showed good solubility in polar aprotic solvents. The combination of aromatic amide linkages and benzimidaz ...