Jump to Main Content
- Samantarai, Satyajit; Nag, Ahindra; Singh, Nitesh; Dash, Debabrata; Basak, Amit; Nando, Golok B.; Das, Narayan Ch.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2019 v.27 no.9 pp. 1878-1896
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; biocompatibility; carboxylation; differential scanning calorimetry; free radicals; hemolysis; latex; molecular weight; oxygen; rubber; temperature; thermal stability; thermogravimetry
- ... The present investigation deals with the latex stage functionalization of carboxylated acrylonitrile butadiene rubber (XNBR) by chemically grafting cardanol onto its backbone main chain to impart multifunctional characteristics to it. The grafting of cardanol onto XNBR in the latex stage has been accomplished successfully using benzoyl peroxide (BPO) as a free radical initiator. Cardanol grafted X ...
- Saha, Pathikrit; Kim, Beom Soo
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2019 v.27 no.9 pp. 2001-2016
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beta-carotene; differential scanning calorimetry; glass transition temperature; malic acid; mass spectrometry; methanol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyols; polyurethanes; soybean oil; tensile strength; thermal properties; thermogravimetry
- ... A new polyol was synthesized based on epoxidized soybean oil (ESO) and malic acid (MA) for the formulation of a bio-based polyurethane. The synthesized polyol was characterized by Fourier transform-infrared spectroscopy, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, and mass spectrometry. Polyurethanes were formed by reacting the synthesized ESO-MA polyol with 1,6-hexamethylene diisocyanate at differen ...