Jump to Main Content
- Souza, Josiane Lima; de Campos, Adriana; França, Débora; Faez, Roselena
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2019 v.27 no.9 pp. 2089-2097
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; ammonium; anions; biodegradability; clay; leaching; melting; montmorillonite; nitrogen; nutrient uptake; nutrients; phosphates; phosphorus; poly-3-hydroxybutyrate; potassium; potassium nitrate; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In order to improve nutrient uptake by plants and at the same time decrease losses by leaching, polymeric compounds based on biodegradable poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) (PHB) and montmorillonite clay (MMt) were melt processed with KNO₃ and NPK fertilizers (Fert). We present a comprehensive analysis of releasing profile of the potassium (K⁺), nitrogen (NH₄⁺ and NO₃⁻) and phosphorous (PO₄³⁻) from PHB/MMt/ ...
- Santamaría Vanegas, Johanna; Rozo Torres, Gladys; Barreto Campos, Briyith
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2019 v.27 no.4 pp. 774-783
- NPK fertilizers, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Solanum tuberosum subsp. andigenum; ammonium nitrogen; coatings; crosslinking; deformation; granules; greenhouse experimentation; hydrogels; kappa carrageenan; leaching; nitrogen; nutrients; osmolality; phosphorus; plant growth; potassium; potatoes; scanning electron microscopy; soil; texture; water uptake; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... A novel carrageenan-based hydrogel (CBH) was developed via cross-linking and ion interaction methods to obtain a coating for NPK fertilizer grains. Attenuated total reflectance–Fourier transform infrared analysis (ATR–FTIR), scanning electron microscopy (SEM), texture profile analysis (TPA), rheological study, and swelling kinetics were used to characterize the physicochemical properties of the CB ...