Jump to Main Content
- Pathak, Tara Sankar; Yun, Jung-Ho; Lee, Se-Jong; Baek, Dae-Jin; Paeng, Ki-Jung
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 45-56
- 1-propanol; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Undaria pinnatifida; calcium alginate; ethanol; heat; methanol; polymers; porosity; solvents; thermal analysis; thermal stability; weight loss
- ... Alginates, extracted from algae are linear unbranched polymers containing β-(1→4)-linked d-mannuronic acid (M) and α-(1→4)-linked l-guluronic acid (G) residues. The conversion of alginic acid into the metal alginate is confirmed using FTIR spectroscopy. Asymmetric and symmetric stretching of free carboxyl group present in metal alginate occurs almost at the same position in various solvent composi ...
- Fabiyi, James S.; McDonald, Armando G.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 57-64
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; color; colorimetry; lignin; oxidation; poly(vinyl chloride); scanning electron microscopy; weathering; wood; wood plastic composites
- ... This study investigated weathering effects on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) based wood plastic composites (WPC), with a focus on the color and structure that is attributed to the material composition. It is directed towards quantifying the main chemical modifications, such as carbonyl and vinyl groups which are formed during weathering. These composites were subjected to three weathering regimes: exter ...