Jump to Main Content
- Martins-Franchetti, Sandra M.; Egerton, T. A.; White, J. R.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 79-83
- Curvularia; Phanerochaete chrysosporium; biodegradation; crystals; poly(vinyl chloride)
- ... The biodegradation of blends of poly(caprolactone) (PCL) and poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC) has been studied. Blends of composition PCL/PVC 1:1 and 1:2 w/w were tested. The 1:1 blend contained crystals in the as-cast state and became more crystalline on exposure to different bio-active agents. The 1:2 blend was amorphous in the as-cast state but developed a significant crystal component after 4 months ...
- Casarano, Romeu; Petri, Denise F. S.; Jaffe, Michael; Catalani, Luiz H.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 33-44
- biodegradation; carbon; composite polymers; crystal structure; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solubility; stable isotopes; thermal analysis; thermal stability; transesterification
- ... A new aliphatic block copolyester was synthesized in bulk from transesterification techniques between poly((R)-3-hydroxybutyrate) (PHB) and poly(isosorbide succinate) (PIS). Additionally, other two block copolyesters were synthesized in bulk either from transesterification reactions involving PHB and poly(l-lactide) (PLLA) or from ring-opening copolymerization of l-lactide and hydroxyl-terminated ...