Jump to Main Content
- Martins-Franchetti, Sandra M.; Egerton, T. A.; White, J. R.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 79-83
- Curvularia; Phanerochaete chrysosporium; biodegradation; crystals; poly(vinyl chloride)
- ... The biodegradation of blends of poly(caprolactone) (PCL) and poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC) has been studied. Blends of composition PCL/PVC 1:1 and 1:2 w/w were tested. The 1:1 blend contained crystals in the as-cast state and became more crystalline on exposure to different bio-active agents. The 1:2 blend was amorphous in the as-cast state but developed a significant crystal component after 4 months ...
- Fabiyi, James S.; McDonald, Armando G.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 57-64
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; color; colorimetry; lignin; oxidation; poly(vinyl chloride); scanning electron microscopy; weathering; wood; wood plastic composites
- ... This study investigated weathering effects on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) based wood plastic composites (WPC), with a focus on the color and structure that is attributed to the material composition. It is directed towards quantifying the main chemical modifications, such as carbonyl and vinyl groups which are formed during weathering. These composites were subjected to three weathering regimes: exter ...