Jump to Main Content
- Fabiyi, James S., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 57-64
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; color; colorimetry; lignin; oxidation; poly(vinyl chloride); scanning electron microscopy; weathering; wood; wood plastic composites
- ... This study investigated weathering effects on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) based wood plastic composites (WPC), with a focus on the color and structure that is attributed to the material composition. It is directed towards quantifying the main chemical modifications, such as carbonyl and vinyl groups which are formed during weathering. These composites were subjected to three weathering regimes: exter ...
- Fabiyi, James S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2009 v.17 no.1 pp. 34-48
- analytical methods; color; crystal structure; exposure duration; lignin; molecular weight; oxidation; weathering; wood; wood plastic composites
- ... The effects of weathering on the constituents of wood and polymer matrix behavior in wood plastic composites (WPCs) were investigated. WPCs were produced from pine, extractives-free pine, and pine holocellulose fibers (60%) together with HDPE (40%). These composites were subjected to xenon-arc accelerated and outside weathering for a total of 1200 h and 120 days, respectively. The color and chemic ...