Jump to Main Content
- Cavassan, Nayara Rodrigues Vieira; Camargo, Caio Cavassan; de Pontes, Letícia Gomes; Barraviera, Benedito; Ferreira, Rui Seabra; Miot, Hélio Amante; Abbade, Luciana Patrícia Fernandes; dos Santos, Lucilene Delazari
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 280-290
- actin; albumins; cross-sectional studies; diabetes mellitus; females; heart failure; hypertension; males; mass spectrometry; patients; prognosis; protein secretion; protein synthesis; quality of life; therapeutics
- ... Chronic venous ulcers affect the quality of life of patients around the world. The aims of this study were to identify the proteins expressed in chronic venous ulcer exudates, to categorize them according to their roles and to correlate them with the clinical and epidemiological aspects of the disease. The study population consisted of 37 ulcers from 28 patients, and the inflammatory exudates of t ...
- White, Reuben; Pulford, Emily; Elliot, David J.; Thurgood, Lauren A.; Klebe, Sonja
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 374-382
- adenocarcinoma; asbestos; biomarkers; biopsy; early diagnosis; mass spectrometry; mesothelioma; patients; prognosis; proteins; proteome; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) is a devastating malignancy with a prognosis of <12 months. Even with bans on the use of asbestos in most Western countries, the incidence is still increasing due to the long latency periods between exposure and development of the disease. Diagnosis is often delayed due to invasive biopsies and lack of distinguishable markers. Patients frequently present with p ...