Jump to Main Content
- White, Reuben; Pulford, Emily; Elliot, David J.; Thurgood, Lauren A.; Klebe, Sonja
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 374-382
- adenocarcinoma; asbestos; biomarkers; biopsy; early diagnosis; mass spectrometry; mesothelioma; patients; prognosis; proteins; proteome; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) is a devastating malignancy with a prognosis of <12 months. Even with bans on the use of asbestos in most Western countries, the incidence is still increasing due to the long latency periods between exposure and development of the disease. Diagnosis is often delayed due to invasive biopsies and lack of distinguishable markers. Patients frequently present with p ...
- Türkowsky, Dominique; Lohmann, Patrick; Mühlenbrink, Marie; Schubert, Torsten; Adrian, Lorenz; Goris, Tobias; Jehmlich, Nico; von Bergen, Martin
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 10-17
- Sulfurospirillum; anaerobes; anaerobic conditions; bacteria; biomass; dehalogenation; enzyme substrates; eukaryotic cells; ligands; mass spectrometry; melting; oxidoreductases; proteins; proteome; protocols; substrate specificity; temperature; tetrachloroethylene; thermal stability
- ... Thermal proteome profiling (TPP) is increasingly applied in eukaryotes to investigate protein-ligand binding through protein melting curve shifts induced by the presence of a ligand. In anaerobic bacteria, identification of protein-substrate interactions is a major challenge. We applied TPP to Sulfurospirillum multivorans, which is able to use trichloroethene as electron acceptor for growth, to in ...