Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Han; Fu, Yonggui; Wang, Lei; Liang, Anwen; Chen, Shangwu; Xu, Anlong
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 346-357
- Conus; conotoxins; cysteine; disulfide bonds; genes; intraspecific variation; isomerases; liquid chromatography; neurophysiology; new drugs; peptides; post-translational modification; proteomics; screening; snails; tandem mass spectrometry; transcriptomics
- ... The venom ducts of marine cone snails secrete highly complex mixtures of cysteine-rich active peptides, which are generally known as conotoxins or conopeptides and provide a potential fertile resource for pharmacological neuroscience research and the discovery of new drugs. Previous studies have devoted substantial effort to the identification of novel conopeptides, and the 109 cone snail species ...
- Liberato, Tarcísio; Fukushima, Isabella; Kitano, Eduardo S.; Serrano, Solange M.T.; Chammas, Roger; Zelanis, André
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 291-298
- amino acids; carcinogenesis; cell lines; extracellular matrix proteins; growth factors; isotope labeling; melanocytes; melanoma; mice; neoplasm cells; peptides; phenotype; post-translational modification; protein secretion; proteinases; proteolysis; proteomics
- ... The comprehensive profiling of the repertoire of secreted proteins from cancer cells samples provides information on the signaling events in oncogenesis as well as on the cross-talk between normal and tumoral cells. Moreover, the analysis of post-translational modifications in secreted proteins may unravel biological circuits regulated by irreversible modifications such as proteolytic processing. ...