Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Han; Fu, Yonggui; Wang, Lei; Liang, Anwen; Chen, Shangwu; Xu, Anlong
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 346-357
- Conus; conotoxins; cysteine; disulfide bonds; genes; intraspecific variation; isomerases; liquid chromatography; neurophysiology; new drugs; peptides; post-translational modification; proteomics; screening; snails; tandem mass spectrometry; transcriptomics
- ... The venom ducts of marine cone snails secrete highly complex mixtures of cysteine-rich active peptides, which are generally known as conotoxins or conopeptides and provide a potential fertile resource for pharmacological neuroscience research and the discovery of new drugs. Previous studies have devoted substantial effort to the identification of novel conopeptides, and the 109 cone snail species ...
- Vannini, Candida; Marsoni, Milena; Scoccianti, Valeria; Ceccarini, Chiara; Domingo, Guido; Bracale, Marcella; Crinelli, Rita
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 334-345
- Actinidia; affinity chromatography; cell walls; cytoskeleton; kiwifruit; magnetism; microparticles; phosphopeptides; phosphoproteins; phosphoproteome; phosphorylation; phosphotransferases (kinases); pollen; pollen tubes; post-translational modification; proteasome endopeptidase complex; proteasome inhibitors; protein degradation; tandem mass spectrometry; titanium
- ... Proteasome activity is essential for pollen tube emergence and growth; nevertheless, little is known about proteasome function at the molecular level. The objective of this study was to identify molecular targets and pathways which are directly/indirectly controlled by the proteasome during pollen germination. To this aim, changes in the proteome and phosphoproteome of Actinidia pollen, germinated ...