Jump to Main Content
- Francesco Finamore; Jean-Luc Reny; Sarah Malacarne; Pierre Fontana; Jean-Charles Sanchez
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 258-266
- acetylation; aspirin; blood platelets; cardiovascular diseases; diabetes; glucose; glycation; hyperglycemia; mass spectrometry; patients; prostaglandin synthase; proteins; risk factors; serine
- ... Diabetes is a major risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. Although aspirin is considered a cornerstone of the prevention and treatment of atherothrombotic-related ischemic events, this antiplatelet drug appears to be less effective in patients with poorly controlled diabetes. It has been suggested that the glycation of platelet proteins plays a pivotal role in poor responsiveness to aspirin. Ho ...
- Francesco Finamore; Feliciano Priego-Capote; Severine Nolli; Anne Zufferey; Pierre Fontana; Jean-Charles Sanchez
- Journal of proteomics 2015 v.114 pp. 125-135
- Western blotting; acetylation; aspirin; blood; blood proteins; developmental stages; diabetes; glucose; glycation; humans; mass spectrometry; models; post-translational modification; proteomics; quantitative analysis
- ... The competition effect between aspirin-mediated acetylation and protein glycation has been a matter of concern for decades. However, the exact interactions between these two post-translational modifications are still not well understood. Several efforts have been made to explain how aspirin prevents glycation, but the influence of prior protein glycation on the action of aspirin has never been inv ...