Jump to Main Content
- Dominique Türkowsky; Jens Esken; Tobias Goris; Torsten Schubert; Gabriele Diekert; Nico Jehmlich; Martin von Bergen
- Journal of proteomics 2018 v.181 pp. 36-46
- Sulfurospirillum; acetylation; dehalogenation; ethylene; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; histidine kinase; lysine; nitrates; porins; proteome; regulatory proteins; tetrachloroethylene; transcription (genetics)
- ... Organohalide respiration (OHR), comprising the reductive dehalogenation of halogenated organic compounds, is subject to a unique memory effect and long-term transcriptional downregulation of the involved genes in Sulfurospirillum multivorans. Gene expression ceases slowly over approximately 100 generations in the absence of tetrachloroethene (PCE). However, the molecular mechanisms of this regulat ...
- Dominique Türkowsky; Patrick Lohmann; Marie Mühlenbrink; Torsten Schubert; Lorenz Adrian; Tobias Goris; Nico Jehmlich; Martin von Bergen
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 10-17
- Sulfurospirillum; anaerobes; anaerobic conditions; bacteria; biomass; dehalogenation; enzyme substrates; eukaryotic cells; ligands; mass spectrometry; melting; oxidoreductases; proteins; proteome; protocols; substrate specificity; temperature; tetrachloroethylene; thermal stability
- ... Thermal proteome profiling (TPP) is increasingly applied in eukaryotes to investigate protein-ligand binding through protein melting curve shifts induced by the presence of a ligand. In anaerobic bacteria, identification of protein-substrate interactions is a major challenge. We applied TPP to Sulfurospirillum multivorans, which is able to use trichloroethene as electron acceptor for growth, to in ...