Jump to Main Content
- Rong, Mingqiang; Yang, Shilong; Wen, Bo; Mo, Guoxiang; Kang, Di; Liu, Jie; Lin, Zhilong; Jiang, Wenbin; Li, Bowen; Du, Chaoqin; Yang, Shuanjuan; Jiang, Hui; Feng, Qiang; Xu, Xun; Wang, Jun; Lai, Ren
- Journal of proteomics 2015 v.114 pp. 28-37
- Scolopendra, etc ; Araneae; Scorpiones; arthropods; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; cysteine; ion channels; peptides; signal peptide; toxins; venoms; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Centipedes are one of the oldest venomous arthropods using toxin as their weapon to capture prey. But little attention was focused on them and only few centipede toxins were demonstrated with activity on ion channels. Therefore, more deep works are needed to understand the diversity of centipede venom. In the present study, we use peptidomics combined with cDNA library to uncover the diversity of ...
- González-Morales, Lidia; Pedraza-Escalona, Martha; Diego-Garcia, Elia; Restano-Cassulini, Rita; Batista, Cesar V.F.; Gutiérrez, Maria del Carmen; Possani, Lourival D.
- Journal of proteomics 2014 v.111 pp. 224-237
- Scolopendra, etc ; allergens; amino acid sequences; bioactive compounds; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; electrophoresis; electrophysiology; genes; hyaluronoglucosaminidase; mammals; mass spectrometry; molecular weight; peptides; proteomics; sequence analysis; sodium channels; toxins; transcriptomics; venoms; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... This communication reports the results of proteomic, transcriptomic, biochemical and electrophysiological analysis of the soluble venom and venom glands of the Mexican centipede Scolopendra viridis Say (here thereafter abbreviated S. viridis). Separation of the soluble venom permitted to obtain 54 different fractions, from which a mass finger printing analysis permitted the identification of at le ...