Jump to Main Content
- Pyke, D.A.; Herrick, J.E.; Shaver, P.; Pellant, M.
- Journal of range management 2002 v.55 no.6 pp. 584
- grasslands; range management; rapid methods; hydrologic factors; soil structure; rill erosion; overland flow; wind erosion; flow resistance; soil morphology; soil compaction; vegetation; mortality; introduced species; perennials; data collection; plant litter; ecological balance; invasive species; biomass production; United States
- ... Panels of experts from the Society for Range Management and the National Research Council proposed that status of rangeland ecosystems could be ascertained by evaluating an ecological site's potential to conserve soil resources and by a series of indicators for ecosystem processes and site stability. Using these recommendations as a starting point, we developed a rapid, qualitative method for asse ...
- Grieshop, M.J.; Nowierski, R.M.
- Journal of range management 2002 v.55 no.6 pp. 612
- Linaria dalmatica; weed control; crop-weed competition; insect control; seedlings; biological control; biological control agents; stems; roots; range management; Nitidulidae; seedling emergence; seed productivity; invasive species; ecological invasion; recruitment; Montana
- ... Seedling recruitment of Dalmatian toadflax, (Linaria genistifolia ssp. dalmatica (L.) Maire and Petitmengin (Scrophulariaceae)), was examined in a 2-year field study in Montana using overseeding and plant/insect exclusion methods, to determine whether it was more limited by seed availability or interspecific plant competition. Overseeding test plots with toadflax seed had no effect on seedling rec ...