Jump to Main Content
- Frasier, G.W.
- Journal of range management 1989 v.42 no.4 pp. 299
- Bouteloua curtipendula; Eragrostis lehmanniana; Eragrostis curvula; Eragrostis; hybrids; Panicum antidotale; seed germination; seedling emergence; mortality; grasses; soil water content; soil water regimes; drought tolerance
- ... Combined greenhouse, laboratory, and field studies were conducted on seeds of Bouteloua curtipendula cv. Premier, Eragrostis lehmanniana cv. A-68, E. curvula var. conferta cv. Catalina, E. lehmanniana X E. trichophora and Panicum antidotale cv. SDT to develop techniques which could be used to characterize seed germination and seedling survival of a plant species when subjected to various wet-dry w ...
- Jensen, M.E.
- Journal of range management 1989 v.42 no.4 pp. 275
- range management; plant communities; habitats; environmental factors; edaphic factors; soil temperature; soil water regimes; rangeland soils; heat sums; maturity stage; Nevada
- ... Soil temp. and moisture data were collected in 1983-86 on one forest and eleven sagebrush-dominated rangeland plant community types of the Humboldt National Forest in NE Nevada. Six soil parameters were used to contrast differences between the community types studied: mean annual soil temp., mean summer soil temp., starting date (when soil temperature at 0.5 m depth exceeded 5°C), growing period ( ...