Jump to Main Content
- Peterson, Lars E.; Blackburn, Brenna; Petterson, Stephen; Puffer, James C.; Bazemore, Andrew; Phillips, Robert L.
- Journal of rural health 2014 v.30 no.3 pp. 227-234
- rural areas, etc ; Internet; confidence interval; health services; issues and policy; labor force; midwives; nurses; odds ratio; physicians; regression analysis; teams; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... PURPOSE: Facing rising numbers of insured with implementation of the Affordable Care Act, policy makers are interested in building teams of providers that can accommodate a growing demand for primary care services. Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Physician Assistants (PAs), and Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) already augment the physician workforce, particularly in rural areas. Our objective was to det ...
- Brooks, Elizabeth; Dailey, Nancy; Bair, Byron; Shore, Jay
- Journal of rural health 2014 v.30 no.2 pp. 146-152
- rural areas, etc ; anxiety; data collection; demographic statistics; diabetes; hypertension; issues and policy; mental health; outreach; patient care; patients; planning; regression analysis; rural women; veterans; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... PURPOSE: While many women choose to live in rural areas after retiring from active military duty, a paucity of studies examine rural women veterans’ health care needs. This report is the first of its kind to describe the population demographics and health care utilization of rural female veteran patients enrolled in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). METHODS: Using the National Patient Care ...