Jump to Main Content
- Addino, Mariana S.; Alvarez, María F.; Brey, Thomas; Iribarne, Oscar; Lomovasky, Betina J.
- Journal of sea research 2019 v.146 pp. 14-23
- Veneroida; biomass; clams; climatic factors; coastal water; coasts; estuaries; euryhaline species; fossils; freshwater; salinity; surveys; wildlife management
- ... Estuarine abiotic characteristics vary with tidal variations and fresh water input, both driven by climatic conditions and often cyclical climatic events. Estuaries are very productive and bivalves often represent a substantial proportion of the biomass with important ecological role. Salinity fluctuation is often a key environmental factor affecting bivalves shell growth and individual condition ...
- Filippova, Nadezhda A.; Kozin, Vitaly V.; Gerasimova, Alexandra V.; Maximovich, Nikolay V.
- Journal of sea research 2019 v.146 pp. 46-54
- benthic organisms; biomass; cluster analysis; community structure; data collection; littoral zone
- ... Study of spatial-temporal heterogeneity of the marine benthos is often done using the classification methods, cluster analysis in particular. To date, numerous procedures for determining the number of groups, present in a data set, have been proposed. As a rule, these methods are based on averaged characteristics of the structure of benthic communities, not taking into account the variability of b ...