Jump to Main Content
- Hayakawa, Fumiyo; Ukai, Naoko; Nishida, Junji; Kazami, Yukari; Kohyama, Kaoru
- Journal of sensory studies 2010 v.25 no.1 pp. 76-93
- breads; cluster analysis; consumer acceptance; flavor; odors; principal component analysis; product development; sensory evaluation; taste; texture; Japan
- ... A lexicon for describing the sensory attributes of French bread was developed. A panel of experts generated 187 expressions by a sensory evaluation of 24 bread samples from different bakeries. Of these expressions, 96 terms were selected as candidates for the lexicon. The panelists participated in a sensory evaluation of 14 bread samples according these 96 descriptors in accordance with ISO 11035. ...
- Leighton, C.S.; Schonfeldt, H.C.; Kruger, R.
- Journal of sensory studies 2010 v.25 no.1 pp. 2-18
- Juglans cinerea; color; cultivars; flavor; odors; principal component analysis; pumpkins; quantitative analysis; sensory evaluation; shear stress; sweet potatoes; terminology; texture
- ... A trained sensory panel was used to establish terminology for describing the sensory attributes of different cultivars orange-fleshed sweet potato (OFSP) and white-fleshed sweet potato (WFSP). Quantitative descriptive analysis was applied to evaluate the samples in terms of the aroma, texture, flavor and aftertaste attributes. Thirteen attributes were identified. Principal component analysis (PCA) ...