Jump to Main Content
- Montes Villanueva, Nilda Doris; Trindade, Marco Antonio
- Journal of sensory studies 2010 v.25 no.2 pp. 260-279
- analysis of variance; cakes; carrots; chocolate; consumer acceptance; flavor; linear models; new products; shelf life; storage time; texture
- ... This study determined the sensory shelf life of a commercial brand of chocolate and carrot cupcakes, aiming at increasing the current 120 days of shelf life to 180. Appearance, texture, flavor and overall quality of cakes stored at six different storage times were evaluated by 102 consumers. The data were analyzed by analysis of variance and linear regression. For both flavors, the texture present ...
- Drake, S.L.; Drake, M.A.; Sanderson, R.; Daniels, H.V.; Yates, M.D.
- Journal of sensory studies 2010 v.25 no.2 pp. 246-259
- Paralichthys; analysis of variance; aquaculture tanks; consumer acceptance; fillets; flounder; freshwater; industry; off flavors; pouches; salinity; seafoods; sensory evaluation; taste
- ... This study was conducted to determine the impact of purging on the sensory flavor properties and consumer acceptance of aquacultured southern flounder, especially with regard to earthy/musty off-flavor common in aquacultured seafood. Flounders were placed into three different purge tanks based on salinity level (0, 15 and 30 ppt) and were held for 0, 2 or 4 weeks. Flounders were then filleted, vac ...