Jump to Main Content
- Deliza, Rosires; Rosenthal, Amauri; Hedderley, Duncan; Jaeger, Sara R.
- Journal of sensory studies 2010 v.25 no.2 pp. 184-200
- agribusiness; case studies; consumer acceptance; consumer education; food irradiation; food processing; fruits; industry; interviews; papayas; prices; product quality; ripening; supermarkets; temperature; Brazil
- ... Papaya is a popular fruit among Brazilian consumers, but one problem is that fruit ripens quickly due to the high temperatures of the country. Irradiation is an effective way of slowing down ripening, hereby increasing shelf-life, but consumer acceptance of this novel technology is paramount for its successful introduction by industry. Using conjoint analysis, this research measures consumer accep ...
- Drake, S.L.; Drake, M.A.; Sanderson, R.; Daniels, H.V.; Yates, M.D.
- Journal of sensory studies 2010 v.25 no.2 pp. 246-259
- Paralichthys; analysis of variance; aquaculture tanks; consumer acceptance; fillets; flounder; freshwater; industry; off flavors; pouches; salinity; seafoods; sensory evaluation; taste
- ... This study was conducted to determine the impact of purging on the sensory flavor properties and consumer acceptance of aquacultured southern flounder, especially with regard to earthy/musty off-flavor common in aquacultured seafood. Flounders were placed into three different purge tanks based on salinity level (0, 15 and 30 ppt) and were held for 0, 2 or 4 weeks. Flounders were then filleted, vac ...