Jump to Main Content
- Peng, Aihua; Ye, Haoyu; Li, Xia; Chen, Lijuan
- Journal of separation science 2009 v.32 no.17 pp. 2967-2973
- Capsicum frutescens; capsaicin; countercurrent chromatography; drugs; food additives; high performance liquid chromatography; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; silica gel; thin layer chromatography; China; India
- ... Capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin are two main bioactive components of Capsicum frutescens and are widely used as food additives and drugs in China and India. Due to their similarity in structures, isolation of capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin with traditional methods such as silica gel column chromatography, normal-phase thin-layer chromatography (TLC) becomes difficult. This study involves separating ...
- Fan, Peihong; Marston, Andrew; Hay, Anne-Emmanuelle; Hostettmann, Kurt
- Journal of separation science 2009 v.32 no.17 pp. 2979-2984
- Reynoutria japonica; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; countercurrent chromatography; high performance liquid chromatography; invasive species
- ... Three glucosylated resveratrol analogues (piceid, piceatannol glucoside, resveratroloside) were successfully isolated from the crude MeOH extract of the invasive plant species Polygonum cuspidatum by semi-preparative high-speed countercurrent chromatography with a two-phase solvent system composed of cyclohexane-ethyl acetate-methanol-water (1:5:1:5, v/v/v/v). Piceid (23 mg), resveratroloside (17 ...