Jump to Main Content
- Peng, Aihua; Ye, Haoyu; Li, Xia; Chen, Lijuan
- Journal of separation science 2009 v.32 no.17 pp. 2967-2973
- Capsicum frutescens; capsaicin; countercurrent chromatography; drugs; food additives; high performance liquid chromatography; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; silica gel; thin layer chromatography; China; India
- ... Capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin are two main bioactive components of Capsicum frutescens and are widely used as food additives and drugs in China and India. Due to their similarity in structures, isolation of capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin with traditional methods such as silica gel column chromatography, normal-phase thin-layer chromatography (TLC) becomes difficult. This study involves separating ...
- Cicchetti, Esmeralda; Chaintreau, Alain
- Journal of separation science 2009 v.32 no.17 pp. 3043-3052
- acids; drugs; reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography; vanillin
- ... Vanilla's main constituents, i. e., vanillin, para-hydroxybenzaldehyde, and their corresponding acids, can be easily quantified by RP LC with UV detection and external calibration. This paper describes two methods that were developed using HPLC and ultra-high-pressure LC (UHPLC), respectively, and validated according to the International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Re ...