Jump to Main Content
- Peng, Aihua; Ye, Haoyu; Li, Xia; Chen, Lijuan
- Journal of separation science 2009 v.32 no.17 pp. 2967-2973
- countercurrent chromatography, etc ; Capsicum frutescens; capsaicin; drugs; food additives; high performance liquid chromatography; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; silica gel; thin layer chromatography; China; India; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin are two main bioactive components of Capsicum frutescens and are widely used as food additives and drugs in China and India. Due to their similarity in structures, isolation of capsaicin and dihydrocapsaicin with traditional methods such as silica gel column chromatography, normal-phase thin-layer chromatography (TLC) becomes difficult. This study involves separating ...
- Xu, Youwei; Han, Xu; Dong, Deshi; Xu, Lina; Qi, Yan; Peng, Jinyong; Zhan, Libin
- Journal of separation science 2008 v.31 no.20 pp. 3638-3646
- countercurrent chromatography, etc ; Oriental traditional medicine; acetates; acid hydrolysis; carbon dioxide; chemical structure; diosgenin; ethanol; high performance liquid chromatography; light scattering; linoleic acid; linolenic acid; methanol; supercritical fluid extraction; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) was used to extract diosgenin, linoleic acid, and linolenic acid following acid hydrolysis from Rhizoma dioscoreae, a famous traditional Chinese medicine. The process was performed using a preparative SFE system under 35 MPa of pressure, 65°C of temperature, and modified CO₂ with 95% ethanol for 180 min dynamic extraction. Then, the crude extract was successful ...