Jump to Main Content
- Shields, F.D. Jr.
- Journal of soil and water conservation 2008 v.63 no.2 pp. 59
- soil stabilization, etc ; water erosion; erosion control; sediment yield; streams; watersheds; watershed hydrology; governmental programs and projects; Mississippi; Show all 9 Subjects
Under legislation passed in 1984, three federal agencies constructed more than $300 million worth of channel erosion control measures in 16 watersheds in northern Mississippi between 1985 and 2003. Most work was completed between 1985 and 1995 and was confined to six larger watersheds. Flows of water and suspended sediment emanating from these watersheds were measured from 1986 until 1997 and for ...
- Davidson, R.A.; Davidson, C.F.; Roa-Espinosa, A.
- Journal of soil and water conservation 2009 v.64 no.4 pp. 243
- soil stabilization, etc ; national forests; wildfires; rangelands; forest fires; forest soils; soil treatment; soil erosion; erosion control; polyacrylamide; aerial application; straw; land restoration; hydrophobicity; Utah; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Controlling erosion, reestablishing vegetation, and overcoming the negative effects of hydrophobic soils has long been a challenge following catastrophic wildfire on forested lands and rangelands. A three-year controlled study was recently completed to compare polyacrylamide soil treatment to the traditional cover method using agricultural straw on high severity burned soils of the Red Bull Fire, ...