Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yangyang; Liu, Yidan; Zhan, Wenhao; Niu, Liumin; Zou, Xueyan; Zhang, Chaosheng; Ruan, Xinling
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 91-98
- agricultural soils; cadmium; catalase; corn; crop yield; crops; enzyme activity; field experimentation; nanomaterials; polluted soils; remediation; silica; soil ecosystems; soil enzymes; soil pollution; urease; wheat
- ... PURPOSE: Cd-contaminated soil is a common environmental problem. Stabilization is an effective way of in situ remediation for Cd contamination in soils, but there is a lack of information about the influences of the amendments on soil ecosystems and Cd uptake by crops, especially under field conditions. In this study, surface-modified nano-silica (SMNS) was used to stabilize a Cd-contaminated soil ...
- Zhang, Hongyu; Xie, Shuyun; Bao, Zhengyu; Tian, Huan; Carranza, Emmanuel John M.; Xiang, Wu; Yao, Lingyang; Zhang, Hai
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 109-121
- Oryza sativa; adsorption; agricultural soils; anions; biogeochemistry; cadmium; cations; fertilizers; humic acids; iron; planting; polluted soils; rice; seedlings; selenium; sowing; tissues; China
- ... PURPOSE: Natural organic acids, such as humic acid (HA), play crucial roles in biogeochemistry of anions and cations in soil due to their numerous functional groups on their surfaces. Selenium (Se) and cadmium (Cd) could bind strongly to HA; nevertheless, it is still unclear as to the effects of HA on Se and Cd uptake in rice which will be focused on in this paper. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Pot exper ...