Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yangyang; Liu, Yidan; Zhan, Wenhao; Niu, Liumin; Zou, Xueyan; Zhang, Chaosheng; Ruan, Xinling
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 91-98
- agricultural soils; cadmium; catalase; corn; crop yield; crops; enzyme activity; field experimentation; nanomaterials; polluted soils; remediation; silica; soil ecosystems; soil enzymes; soil pollution; urease; wheat
- ... PURPOSE: Cd-contaminated soil is a common environmental problem. Stabilization is an effective way of in situ remediation for Cd contamination in soils, but there is a lack of information about the influences of the amendments on soil ecosystems and Cd uptake by crops, especially under field conditions. In this study, surface-modified nano-silica (SMNS) was used to stabilize a Cd-contaminated soil ...
- He, Shanying; Li, Yuan; Guo, Haihui; Lu, Li; Yang, Chunping
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 425-434
- Hyphomicrobium; Lolium; bioaccumulation factor; cadmium; crops; edaphic factors; enzyme activity; heavy metals; hormones; human health; irrigation; microbial carbon; phytoaccumulation; phytomass; polluted soils; root growth; roots; shoots; soil enzymes; soil remediation; urease
- ... PURPOSE: Irrigation and fertilization accelerate the accumulation of environmental hormones such as 17α-Ethinyestradiol (EE2) and heavy metals such as Cd in soil, which in turn harms crops and human health. The objective of this study was to investigate the interaction of the plant ryegrass and EE2 degrading bacteria Hyphomicrobium sp. GHH on the remediation of EE2-Cd co-contaminated soil. MATERIA ...