Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yangyang; Liu, Yidan; Zhan, Wenhao; Niu, Liumin; Zou, Xueyan; Zhang, Chaosheng; Ruan, Xinling
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 91-98
- agricultural soils; cadmium; catalase; corn; crop yield; crops; enzyme activity; field experimentation; nanomaterials; polluted soils; remediation; silica; soil ecosystems; soil enzymes; soil pollution; urease; wheat
- ... PURPOSE: Cd-contaminated soil is a common environmental problem. Stabilization is an effective way of in situ remediation for Cd contamination in soils, but there is a lack of information about the influences of the amendments on soil ecosystems and Cd uptake by crops, especially under field conditions. In this study, surface-modified nano-silica (SMNS) was used to stabilize a Cd-contaminated soil ...
- Lin, Ziwen; Dou, Chunying; Li, Yongfu; Wang, Hailong; Niazi, Nabeel Khan; Zhang, Shaobo; Liu, Dan; Zhao, Keli; Fu, Weijun; Li, Yongchun; Ye, Zhengqian
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 320-329
- Sedum; biomass production; cadmium; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; heavy metals; hydroponics; hyperaccumulators; manure amendments; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient solutions; nutrient uptake; phytoaccumulation; pig manure; plant growth; polluted soils; seedlings; shoots; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Nitrogen (N) fertilization is known to have a substantial effect on heavy metal uptake in plants. However, the impact of N fertilization on plant growth and heavy metal uptake of hyperaccumulator plants remains unclear. This study examined the effect of N fertilization on growth and uptake of zinc (Zn) and cadmium (Cd) in Zn/Cd-hyperaccumulating plants species, Sedum alfredii (S. alfredii ...