Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hongyu; Xie, Shuyun; Bao, Zhengyu; Tian, Huan; Carranza, Emmanuel John M.; Xiang, Wu; Yao, Lingyang; Zhang, Hai
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 109-121
- Oryza sativa; adsorption; agricultural soils; anions; biogeochemistry; cadmium; cations; fertilizers; humic acids; iron; planting; polluted soils; rice; seedlings; selenium; sowing; tissues; China
- ... PURPOSE: Natural organic acids, such as humic acid (HA), play crucial roles in biogeochemistry of anions and cations in soil due to their numerous functional groups on their surfaces. Selenium (Se) and cadmium (Cd) could bind strongly to HA; nevertheless, it is still unclear as to the effects of HA on Se and Cd uptake in rice which will be focused on in this paper. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Pot exper ...
- Klik, Barbara; Kulikowska, Dorota; Gusiatin, Zygmunt M.; Pasieczna-Patkowska, Sylwia
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 284-296
- cadmium; carbon; carbon sequestration; clay; dissolved organic matter; humic acids; pH; polluted soils; sandy clay loam soils; sandy clay soils; sewage sludge; soil organic matter
- ... PURPOSE: To compare Cd removal from different soils with three washing agents recovered from sewage sludge (dissolved organic matter (DOM), soluble humic-like substances (HLS), soluble humic substances (SHS)). Also, to investigate how washing with these agents changes soil organic-matter composition (OM). MATERIALS AND METHODS: Sandy clay loam (S1) and clay (S2) highly contaminated with Cd (300 mg ...