Jump to Main Content
- Rafique, Muhammad Imran; Usman, Adel R. A.; Ahmad, Munir; Sallam, Abdelazeem; Al-Wabel, Mohammad I.
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 330-339
- Zea mays; Ziziphus spina-christi; application rate; biochar; chromium; copper; corn; crop production; detection limit; feedstocks; greenhouse experimentation; harvesting; heavy metals; iron; landfills; leachates; lead; manganese; plant growth; polluted soils; pyrolysis; shoots; soil amendments; tanneries; temperature; toxic substances; wastes; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Tannery waste–contaminated soil has a high amount of several toxic chemicals and heavy metals including chromium (Cr), which makes it unsuitable for agriculture practices. Majority of studies have reported the use of biochar (BC) as an amendment to restore contaminated soil. The efficiency of BC to immobilize Cr depends on its pretreatment and feedstock. This study aimed to investigate th ...
- Zhang, Hongyu; Xie, Shuyun; Bao, Zhengyu; Tian, Huan; Carranza, Emmanuel John M.; Xiang, Wu; Yao, Lingyang; Zhang, Hai
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 109-121
- Oryza sativa; adsorption; agricultural soils; anions; biogeochemistry; cadmium; cations; fertilizers; humic acids; iron; planting; polluted soils; rice; seedlings; selenium; sowing; tissues; China
- ... PURPOSE: Natural organic acids, such as humic acid (HA), play crucial roles in biogeochemistry of anions and cations in soil due to their numerous functional groups on their surfaces. Selenium (Se) and cadmium (Cd) could bind strongly to HA; nevertheless, it is still unclear as to the effects of HA on Se and Cd uptake in rice which will be focused on in this paper. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Pot exper ...