Jump to Main Content
- Hassan, Auwalu; Periathamby, Agamuthu; Ahmed, Aziz; Innocent, Ossai; Hamid, Fauziah Shahul
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 66-80
- Ascomycota; Basidiomycota; bioaugmentation; chemical bonding; decontamination; fungal growth; heavy metals; landfills; lead; monitoring; nickel; physicochemical properties; polluted soils; public health; soil pollution; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Heavy metals’ contamination of soil is a serious concern as far as public health and environmental protection are concerned. As a result of their persistent and toxic properties, heavy metals need to be removed from contaminated environments using an efficient technology. This study is aimed to determine the heavy metals’ (Ni, Pb, and Zn) bioremoval capacity of consortia of filamentous fu ...
- Rafique, Muhammad Imran; Usman, Adel R. A.; Ahmad, Munir; Sallam, Abdelazeem; Al-Wabel, Mohammad I.
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 330-339
- Zea mays; Ziziphus spina-christi; application rate; biochar; chromium; copper; corn; crop production; detection limit; feedstocks; greenhouse experimentation; harvesting; heavy metals; iron; landfills; leachates; lead; manganese; plant growth; polluted soils; pyrolysis; shoots; soil amendments; tanneries; temperature; toxic substances; wastes; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Tannery waste–contaminated soil has a high amount of several toxic chemicals and heavy metals including chromium (Cr), which makes it unsuitable for agriculture practices. Majority of studies have reported the use of biochar (BC) as an amendment to restore contaminated soil. The efficiency of BC to immobilize Cr depends on its pretreatment and feedstock. This study aimed to investigate th ...