Jump to Main Content
- Farias, Christyan Paiva; Alves, Gabriel Sousa; Oliveira, Denis Coelho; de Melo, Edmar Isaías; Azevedo, Lucas Carvalho Basilio
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 260-271
- Beauveria bassiana; Jacaranda mimosifolia; Metarhizium anisopliae; Pochonia chlamydosporia; Purpureocillium lilacinum; Trichoderma; biochar; chlorophyll; copper; fluorescence; manganese; photochemistry; phytoremediation; plant tissues; polluted soils; pyrolysis; risk; root growth; roots; sawdust; seedlings; shoots; spores; wood; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: A consortium of fungal isolates may improve phytoremediation by stimulating root growth whereas biochar reduces metal leaching in contaminated soils. We combined these treatments to evaluate to what extent Jacaranda mimosifolia D. Don seedlings extract metals (Cu, Mn, and Zn) and reduce leaching in soil columns. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Contamination treatments were established by combining ...
- Rafique, Muhammad Imran; Usman, Adel R. A.; Ahmad, Munir; Sallam, Abdelazeem; Al-Wabel, Mohammad I.
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 330-339
- Zea mays; Ziziphus spina-christi; application rate; biochar; chromium; copper; corn; crop production; detection limit; feedstocks; greenhouse experimentation; harvesting; heavy metals; iron; landfills; leachates; lead; manganese; plant growth; polluted soils; pyrolysis; shoots; soil amendments; tanneries; temperature; toxic substances; wastes; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Tannery waste–contaminated soil has a high amount of several toxic chemicals and heavy metals including chromium (Cr), which makes it unsuitable for agriculture practices. Majority of studies have reported the use of biochar (BC) as an amendment to restore contaminated soil. The efficiency of BC to immobilize Cr depends on its pretreatment and feedstock. This study aimed to investigate th ...